Books make a fantastic springboard for learning, and "Mandy" is no different! The garden that Mandy cultivates throughout this book introduces a great deal of science to the reading of this novel. This packet contains everything you need to take your students outside to search for and identify as many of the plants and animals found in this book. Inside you'll find:
- a listing of all plants and animals found within the book
- hyperlinks for all plants and animals for further research
- printable scavenger hunt boards for both the plants and the animals
- links to additional materials to make investigating nature fun
- a certificate of completion
While this scavenger hunt has been planned with Julie Andrews Edwards' book "Mandy" in mind, it can stand alone and simply be a complete nature lesson.
This lesson is excellent when done in a formal, planned garden, but it can be done anywhere - a backyard, school yard, or playground.