resource to help you implement a comprehensive
beginning of the year Nature of Science unit! Includes multiple pacing options to focus or broaden the scope of your course so to meet the needs of your students. Aligned with grades 3-5 and/or 6-8 NGSS science and engineering practice.
The concepts and skills addressed in this unit align with the NGSS Nature of Science eight major themes. This unit addresses themes that extend the science and engineering practices and cross-cutting concepts across grades 3-5 and 6-8. These practices are outlined in Appendix F and H at http://www.nextgenscience.org/get-to-know.
About this Product:
• Includes an NGSS aligned product catalog with hyperlink to resources on TpT
• Includes individual mini unit planning guides with multiple pacing options
• Includes a unit overview with 3+ pacing options, including an upper elementary and intermediate focused option
• Suggests how and when to use my products so to implement the 5E Lesson Model
• Helps you pace a complete Nature of Science unit or focused mini-unit
• Aligns Nature of Science units to grades 3-5 and/or 6-8 NGSS
You can use this product to help you:
• Prioritize essential topics and concepts that should be covered in an NGSS aligned Nature of Science unit
• Utilize my products, including my Interactive Notebook Units, PowerPoints, Exams and SNAPs labs
• Plan and pace your own NGSS aligned Nature of Science Unit
• The planning and pacing guide considers and plans for some activities that have not yet been created. This resource will be updated as these activities are created throughout the 2017-2018 academic year.
• Check out all my FREE planning and pacing materials HERE