Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
SAVE 35% by purchasing all my DIFFERENTIATED & EDITABLE Nature of Science PowerPoints, Notes and Exams!
About this Bundle:
This bundle is designed to help you deliver, discuss and assess content and skills related to science, lab and engineering practices. There are three teaching tools included with each product included in this bundle:
• PowerPoint Presentation (differentiated and editable slides)
• Scaffolded Notes (differentiated, editable and modified/completed notes included)
• Summative Examination (differentiated, editable and answer key included)
• Download a FREE PowerPoint, Notes & Exam to learn more about my resources
• Save 40% with the Integrated Science PowerPoint, Notes & Exam Bundle
• Save 40% with the Nature of Science Complete Curriculum
• Save 50% with the Integrated Science Complete Curriculum
This bundle includes:
Topics covered: What is science?, What is a scientist?, Scientific Ideas, Scientific Investigations, Scrutinizing Investigations, Science in the Media, Limits to Science, Science and Ethics, Types of Scientific Research
Topics covered: Making Observations, Making Inferences The Scientific Method, Asking a Testable Question, Forming a Hypothesis, Performing an Experiment, Planning an Experiment, Identifying Variables, Experimental Method, Collecting Data, Analyzing & Interpreting Data, Forming a Conclusion, Sources of Error, Recognizing Bias, Communicating Scientific Ideas, Arguing Scientific Ideas. Critiquing Scientific Ideas
Topics covered: Lab Safety, Laboratory Tools, Measurement, Measuring Temperature/Mass/Volume, Metric Units, Metric Unit Conversions, Mean/Median/Mode/Range, Ratios/Percentage/Rate, Graphing (Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Circle Graphs), Calculating Error, Scientific Notation, pH, Common Indicators, Special Lab Procedures (Gel Electrophoresis, Chromatography, Distillation, Dissection)
Topics covered: What is engineering?, Engineering Process, Defining a Problem, Brainstorming, Designing Solutions, Prioritizing Criteria, Making Trade-Offs, Test/Revise/Retest, Developing and Using Models, Types of Engineers
The concepts and skills addressed in this product align with the NGSS Nature of Science eight major themes. This product addresses themes that extend the science and engineering practices and cross-cutting concepts across grades 3-5 and 6-8. These practices are outlined in Appendix F and H at http://www.nextgenscience.org/get-to-know.
PowerPoint, Notes and Exam Format Information:
The PowerPoint is a .pptx file. The notes and exam are .docx files. The fonts are safe for use with Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word and come with most Microsoft Office versions.
• All rights reserved by Stephanie Elkowitz.
• This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.
• Intended for classroom and personal use only.
• Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited.
• This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view.
• Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).