Navidad-Literacy Centers: includes a math and rhyming activity as requested. I hope that you enjoy this unit. Please leave some positive feedback if you are pleased. Otherwise, please e-mail me at email@example.com and let me know how I can help you.
Here are the contents and directions for this book:
1. Alphabet set:
- Match upper to lower case letter.
- Sequence the alphabet in correct order on the table or floor.
- Use alphabet cards in the pocket chart. Students can sort any picture cards that you might already have. They can be sorted by beginning or ending sound.
2. Beginning Sounds Cards: Students choose a card, say the word and place a clothespin on the corresponding sound.
3. Word bank picture cards:
- Use to introduce thematic vocabulary.
- Make two copies to make a concentration game.
4. Count the syllable cards: Students say the word, clap the syllables and count the syllables in the word. Then students place a clothespin on the corresponding number.
5. Thematic Writing Mats:
- Students say the word by stretching out the sounds. Then they can write the word on the blue line.
- Students may arrange manipulatives on the card to sound out or spell out the words.
6. Emergent reader: Navidad
7. Concentration game: Students choose a picture card and say the word. Students find the corresponding written word to make a match. Option: use it as a matching game with the cards facing up.
8. Web graphic organizer: Students draw or write something they know OR learned about the topic.
9. Math patterns: Students will use the manipulatives provided to finish the pattern for AB, AAB and ABB
10. Rhyming words: Students use a rhyming mat to find words that rhyme with santa.
Thanks for looking,
Lidia R. Barbosa
-Please follow my blogs:
1. Kinder Latino blog
2. Kid's Reading Activities blog