Navigating Early by Newberry author Clare Vanderpool is a Newberry Honor Book for 2013. The novel centers on two unlikely friends who set out on an adventure to find one's dead brother. This novel is written in first person and is full of rich language. It's full of twists and turns and danger.
This novel study focuses on comprehension and critical thinking. It emphasizes the use of text evidence to support student answers.
1. 162 Comprehension and Critical Thinking Questions with Page Numbers
2. Figurative Language Identification and Analysis of its Significance with Page Numbers
3. Analysis of Significant Text with Page Numbers
4. Analysis of Significant Dialogue with Page Numbers
5. Analysis of Symbolism
6. Theme Analysis
7. Graphic Organizer to Compare Plot with Subplot
8. Twenty-six Writing Connections with Page Numbers
9. Eight Research Connections
10. Final Exam
11. Answer Keys
Navigating Early Novel Study
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License