Ned Kelly Activity Pack - Save over $10 on the individual costs
1. Ned Kelly History and Quiz
To be able to explain about Ned Kelly and his life.
This works brilliantly for expanding vocabulary and creative thinking skills.
22 questions within 68 slides; excellent pictures and sources to engage and motivate pupils study.
Includes vision frame, blank word search template, design a stamp template, reward poster, 2 video links, postcard template, events graphic organiser.
This is an excellent activity/game/plenary to further improve student’s work and knowledge.
I split the class into two teams (in one class I have girls against boys but in another class I have just divided the room down the middle) and when we play the game each side decides on a volunteer to come to the front, facing the class so they can’t see the board (one team at a time).
A word is shown on the IWB and each time the word is answered correctly I display another.
This works really well but it is important to set some ground rules such as not using words that rhyme with the word on display. I’ve yet to come across a class who doesn’t like the concept.
Works brilliantly in pairs also - 1 student turns their back to the IWB.
Student sits at front with back to board. Words are displayed behind him/her. Rest of class has to describe word to student - see how many he/she gets in 1 min. Can be reversed so that student can see the words and has to describe them to the class.
2. Ned Kelly Crossword
3. Ned Kelly Word Search
4. Ned Kelly Maze Puzzle
5. Ned Kelly Cloze Activity - editable
6. Ned Kelly in his own words - 3 extracts - editable
7. Views on Ned Kelly handout - historians and contemporary sources - editable
8. Ned Kelly Wanted Poster - editable
9. Ned's response to the Stringy Bark Creek Murders Message Puzzle
10. Ned Kelly Timeline Handout
11. Last stand at Glenrowan - Ned Kelly Handout
12. Ned Kelly Source Analysis Activity
13. Who was Ned Kelly Starter Activity