This jam-packed resource supports the science topic: Needs and Characteristics of Living Things. It was created with the Grade 1 Ontario Science Curriculum in mind.
Like some of my other science resources, I've included tons of images that help bring this topic to life. Classroom pets and plants are also great ways to explore this unit.
BIG IDEAS AND OVERALL EXPECTATIONS POSTERS
LIVING AND NON-LIVING
• Living and non-living sorting cards and activities - Clip art and photographs
• Living and non-living worksheets and class book
• Full page photographs and recording sheet
• Organs of the Body information sheet
• Body part worksheets
• Plant part worksheets
• Plant parts posters
• Helping and harming the environment
• Creating healthy environments
NEEDS OF LIVING THINGS
• Needs of plants, animals, and people - worksheets
• Characteristics of living things posters - Colour and black/white pages.
• Connections between living things
• Five senses sorting cards and activities
• Five senses worksheets
• Guessing Game - Living Things Grow and Change
• Physical Characteristics - Describing Features
• Let’s Look at the Environment
This product is part of a Grade 1 Science - Ontario Curriculum Bundle
Don’t forget to check out the preview!
If you like this, you may be interested in:
Energy in Our Lives
Four Seasons - A Look at Seasonal Changes
Materials, Objects, and Structures
Human Development and Sexual Health
If you have any questions about this product, please contact me in the Product Q&A section below or by email at email@example.com
Thanks for looking!