This is the power point II used to help my 2nd graders lead a discussion in small groups. It has discussion rules and questions.
1. First split children into groups of 3 or 4.
2. Assign students a shape (you can down load the shape documents on my products list). Explain that you the teacher will hold up the shape and that is the only person who should talk at that time, and that you will change the shapes so everyone gets a chance to talk.
3. Go through the rules of a discussion with the attached power point
4. Use question 1 as an example
5. Continue with the questions (After every question that was discussed in groups I brought the class back to the whole group to see who talked about what)
Hope this is helpful!