This bundle contains 11 great activities to assist you in teaching negative and zero exponents. There are investigative discoveries, scaffolded notes, fun practice worksheets, partner activities, stations, and assessments. This bundle follows my first bundle (see link below) on Exponential rules w/ positive exponents. I developed these activities for my own 8th grade common core students and have had excellent success in my classroom.
Please download my preview so you can see more about the activities in this bundle.
Here is a list of exactly what you will get in this bundle:
- An Investigation for discovering the Rules of Zero and Negative Exponents
- Interactive Scaffolded Notes: Negative and Zero Exponents
- A two-page Practice Drill
- A Pairs Check Partner Activity
- A fun Scrambling Puzzle Cut and Paste Activity
- A Riddle Activity on finding exponential expressions that are alike
- Desk Hop Stations (to get your kids working together and moving)
- Guided Extension and Practice on Exponential Expressions with Fractions
- Another Practice worksheet for review
- A Quiz
- A Test
Students will work with the following Properties throughout these activities:
Product of Powers Property
Quotient of Powers Property
Power of a Product Property
Rules of Zero and Negative exponents
Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions. For example, 32 × 3-5 = 3-3 = 1/33 = 1/27.
To see my Rules of Exponents Bundle (positive exponents) please go to:
I also sell several of the activities as singles in my store at:
Created by Rockin' Middle School Math