This is a unit that covers: cardinal directions, introduction to mapping, neighborhoods, and the three types of communities (rural, suburban, and urban)
Included in this unit:
* Cardinal Directions : posters, classroom signs, and student worksheets
* Vocabulary Cards: display, use as flash cards of make a matching game for centers
* Neighborhood Scavenger Hunt: take a walk around the neighborhood and bring clipboards and pencils to check off the things you see!
* Neighborhood Map Project: introduce your students to map features by creating your own neighborhood maps
* Rural, Urban, and Suburban Posters- (perfect for displaying on a smartboard) Shared reading posters with simple language for primary grades. Read and fill out included graphic organizers
* My Dream Community- a culminating activity. Students write about what kind of community they would like to live in and why.