Neil Armstrong and Space Activity Pack
To be able to explain what Apollo 11 was and why it started
To understand about Neil Armstrong and his role in the Space Race
1. Neil Armstrong and Apollo 11 PP - 56 slide PP with video links, 20 question quiz and graphic organizers.
This works brilliantly for expanding vocabulary and creative thinking skills.
20 questions within 56 slides; excellent pictures and sources to engage and motivate pupils study.
This is an excellent activity/game/plenary to further improve student’s work and knowledge.
I split the class into two teams (in one class I have girls against boys but in another class I have just divided the room down the middle) and when we play the game each side decides on a volunteer to come to the front, facing the class so they can’t see the board (one team at a time).
A word is shown on the IWB and each time the word is answered correctly I display another.
This works really well but it is important to set some ground rules such as not using words that rhyme with the word on display. I’ve yet to come across a class who doesn’t like the concept.
Works brilliantly in pairs also - 1 student turns their back to the IWB.
Student sits at front with back to board. Words are displayed behind him/her. Rest of class has to describe word to student - see how many he/she gets in 1 min. Can be reversed so that student can see the words and has to describe them to the class.
2. Moon Landing Newspaper Template
3. Apollo 11 Logbook Sheets
4. Postcard Templates
5. Neil Armstrong Word Search
6. Apollo 11 Word Search
7. The Space Race PP and Quiz
8. Yuri Gagarin PP
9. Neil Armstrong Biography Handout
10. What do you know about Neil Armstrong - Starter or Review
11. Help Neil Armstrong Land on the Moon Puzzle
12. Neil Armstrong Moon Message Puzzle