Also included in
- Take the stress out of planning a Creative Writing class with this complete, 9-week elective course bundle! This Complete Creative Writing Class Bundle includes everything you need to teach creative writing skills, poetry analysis, and engage students in a variety of writing!In this engaging 9-week$74.58$93.23Save $18.65
Students will use textual evidence to analyze a short text. Students will use textual evidence to analyze mood. Students will write their own short story.
Neil Gaiman's "Nicholas Was..." puts a dark twist on a classic holiday legend--in just 100 words! Not only will students need to use their inference skills to understand the story, but they'll have to practice word choice to write their own 100-word story.
In this activity, students first read Gaiman's story "Nicholas Was..." and answer a few questions analyzing the deeper meaning and word choice of the story. Then, students will use "Nicholas Was..." as inspiration for writing their own 100-word story.
- Lesson Plan
- Student Worksheets
- NON-EDITABLE Printable PDF
- EDITABLE Google Doc
- Answer Key
The whole resource can be seen in the preview. Please look at the preview prior to purchase to ensure that this test will work for you and your students.
Need more holiday or creative writing activities? Check out:
- Holiday Character Analysis Worksheet for ANY Novel
- Ode Writing Lesson and Activity
- Creative Writing Mini Lessons & Workshops
***This resource consists of non-editable PDFs and Google files within a Google Folder. In order to access your purchase, you will need to give Teachers Pay Teachers access to your Google Drive. Before purchasing, please review the preview to make sure this resource supports your and your students' needs. The whole resource, with the exception of any answer keys, are included in the preview.