New Nellie Edge Kindergarten Writing Distance Learning Course:
Best Practices to Grow Young Writers
Teachers have raved about LIVE Nellie Edge Kindergarten workshops!
Now this NEW 2020 MasterClass Intensive provides the same tools for your self-directed distance learning.
Includes instruction for optional university credit
“Nellie Edge – you should do a Ted Talk!!”
Discover an authentic, integrated approach to kindergarten handwriting and sight word work that builds stamina and fluency for writing workshop.
This product has two sections:
1. 456 pages in a MasterClass Intensive of the entire 6-hour workshop. For ease of study, we recommend printing 4 slides per page (horizontal)--please be sure to click the "page border" box in the Print screen--and having it bound.
2. 50+ printable Bonus pages which include a step by step guide to facilitate the registration and practicum process. Earn 1-3 university credits for meaningful practicum projects. (If you are printing full-size pages be sure the "[page border" box is not checked)
“All the best things I do come from Nellie Edge Seminars!”
Is this self-directed distance learning program right for you? Study the tabs at Nellie Edge (ABC Phonics, Handwriting, and Sight Words) to see engaging photo essays of these strategies used in real classrooms.
What is the research base for Nellie Edge professional development?
- Please read this free eBook
Join kindergarten teachers from across the country who trust Nellie Edge for their professional development!
MasterClass is divided into organized chapters with 10 instructional :
o Introduction and Building Community
o Parents as Partners: 10 Best Practices
o Multisensory ABC Phonics Immersion: Building the Writing Brain
o Kindergarten-Friendly Handwriting
o Integrate Sight Words, Handwriting, Phonics and Word Work
o Independent Writing Centers: Word Work
o Writing Workshop and 6 Authentic Phonics Lessons
o End of Day Literacy Rituals, Traditions, and Celebrations
o ¯What a Wonderful World: Your Goals
This course reflects years of action research in diverse kindergarten classrooms.
- These proven strategies differentiate learning to support English Language Learners (ELL) while providing Talented and Gifted (TAG) students with creative challenges.
“Bonus Resources” includes:
· University Credit/Practicum and Time Log
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! L-O-V-E Spells Love
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! I Can: C-a-n
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! B-E-C-A-U-S-E
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! King of ING
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! This Is My House
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! The, The end
· Sing, Sign, Spell, and Read! Thank You!
· I Can Read: Reading Is Fun!
· I Can Read: I Pledge Allegiance
· I Can Read: I Always Start My Letters at the Top
· I Can Read: I Chant
· I Can Read: Some Letters Are Tall
· I can Read: Helper of the Day song
· How to Make Name/Fingerspelling Cards
· April Calendar and Reading Log
· Read and Sing Book Club Cover
· ABC Phonics Family Reference Chart
· What Does Quality Handwriting Look Like?
· Parents as Partners Letter: Teach Pencil Grip
· Parents as Partners Letter: Two Kinds of Words
· Crown Pattern
· Circle of Mastery: I Love You practice pages
· Circle of Mastery: Heart Word Celebration Badges
· Circle of Mastery: Heart Word Song
· Circle of Mastery: Pink Heart Word sentences
· Circle of Mastery: Five Heart Word Sentences
· Kindergarten Friendly Handwriting: Draw a Star
· Prolific Writer Sentences
· Brain Exercises for Fluency!
· Exclamation Words
· How to Make a Moveable Word Wall
· How to Make 3 Kinds of Books
· Guided Drawing: Dog, Cat
· About the Author page
· Working With the Standards
“It is my hope that this course with 456 pages documenting authentic joyful kindergarten learning may bring a smile to your face and remind you of why you love teaching kindergarten!” Nellie Edge
Click HERE to Follow My Store and to be notified of new Nellie Edge Kindergarten (PreK-1) products. All new items are listed at 50% off for the first 48 hours after posting! Leave feedback and earn TpT credits.
Find resources and support on my website, NellieEdge.com
SMILES for joyful teaching and learning,