Have you read Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds? Then you know what a great story it is, about acceptance and being yourself. As an extension, I've created a fun iPad/tablet research project using the app Popplet and a QR Reader.
Why should you purchase this project?
- You want to get kids excited about research and technology
- You're looking for a literacy center project with vetted websites and copyright-free
images ready to use that still give kids choice
- You need quick sub plans that are all inclusive!
- You have advanced students who could benefit from an engaging project
- You want to extend the thinking/learning about the book Nerdy Birdy
- You want a fun post seminar activity for my Nerdy Birdy Socratic Seminar Plan
* Student Project sheets
* Graphic organizer
* Popplet Tips & tricks sheet
* 5 individual Bird Sheets with QR codes for credible sources written at 2nd-3rd grade level and QR codes for websites containing copyright-free images of each bird.
* Scoring Guide
* Sample completed Popplet
* Teacher Note to get you started and organized!