These song lyrics will be a great addition to your unit on the human body! The words can be sung to the popular tune "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus, and provides over 2 minutes worth of facts that will help students remember information about the nervous system for a lifetime!
Included in the lyrics:
- The autonomic nervous system works when we're asleep to keep us alive
- The nervous system works with the respiratory system by telling the lungs to keep breathing even when we are sleeping
- The main job of the nervous system is to keep the other body systems in balance and to send and receive messages from the brain and spinal cord
- The nervous system controls your senses, memory and thoughts and never takes a break
- The nervous system has 2 parts (Central and Peripheral)
- The central nervous system includes the brain and spinal cord
- Peripheral nervous system means the nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord
- A message always travels down a dendrite and moves to the axon (Both are parts of a neuron)
Students love becoming active during the learning process, and singing along to a popular tune will help make learning science fun! These lyrics will help with memorization of key facts and ideas, and will also help with key vocabulary and concepts all about the brain and spinal cord! Sing the words acapella, or sing along to an instrumental version to turn your class into nervous system brainiacs!
Please rate this product and leave feedback!
Thank you so much.
Get 10 additional song lyric sheets just like this one in my Science Songs Pack!
This product can also be found in my Human Body Systems Bundle!