This is a highly-detailed lesson bundle for the Nervous System to be used in a high school Biology or introductory Anatomy course. A PowerPoint, diagrams, worksheets, doodle notes, lab activities, and a quiz are all included and answer keys for all items are provided.
Need to adjust the level of detail for your class? No problem! The PowerPoint presentation and quiz are EDITABLE.
Addresses NGSS HS-LS1-2.
Please note: This is also part of my Full Anatomy & Physiology Curriculum.
Included in this product:
1. EDITABLE 58-slide PowerPoint presentation with highlighted vocabulary, anatomical terms, and full-color illustrations
2. 10 pages of my highly popular Doodle Notes coinciding with PowerPoint
3. Diagrams for student labeling with blanks and numbered versions for quick quizzes
7. Vocab Matching Activity (Cut & Paste)
8. Student Review Packet
9. EDITABLE Quiz for assessment
*For more details and visuals of the lesson, click on the PREVIEW link above.*
-Structure and functions of neurons & neuroglia
-Divisions of the nervous system (afferent v. efferent, central v. peripheral)
-Nerve Impulses: action potential, synapses
-Brain: cerebrum (4 lobes), cerebellum, thalamus, hypothalamus, brainstem
-Spinal cord & reflex arc
-Senses: touch receptors, taste buds, olfactory receptors, structure of eye and vision, structure of ear and hearing
-Peripheral nervous system: reflex arc, cranial nerves, spinal nerves