This is a highly-detailed lesson bundle for the Nervous System to be used in a high school Biology or introductory Anatomy course. A PowerPoint, diagrams, worksheets, doodle notes, lab activities, and a quiz are all included and answer keys for all items are provided.
Need to adjust the level of detail for your class? No problem! The PowerPoint presentation, diagrams, and quiz are EDITABLE. *Note: the doodle notes & lab activities are not editable.
Addresses NGSS HS-LS1-2.
Please note: This is also part of my Human Body Systems MEGA-Bundle
Included in this product:
1. EDITABLE 58-slide PowerPoint presentation with highlighted vocabulary, anatomical terms, and full-color illustrations
2. 10 pages of my highly popular Doodle Notes
coinciding with PowerPoint
3. EDITABLE Diagrams for student labeling
4. Sheep Brain Dissection Lab & Crossword
5. Build A Neuron Activity & Doodle Notes
6. Sensory Inquiry Lab (9 Stations)
7. Vocab Matching Activity (Cut & Paste)
8. Student Review Packet
9. EDITABLE Quiz for assessment
*For more details and visuals of the lesson, click on the PREVIEW link above.*
-Structure and functions of neurons & neuroglia
-Divisions of the nervous system (afferent v. efferent, central v. peripheral)
-Nerve Impulses: action potential, synapses
-Brain: cerebrum (4 lobes), cerebellum, thalamus, hypothalamus, brainstem
-Spinal cord & reflex arc
-Senses: touch receptors, taste buds, olfactory receptors, structure of eye and vision, structure of ear and hearing
-Peripheral nervous system: reflex arc, cranial nerves, spinal nerves
*All of my products have been tried and tested in my own classroom. I would never sell something that didn't already work for me!*