Also included in
- The middle school science escape room bundle is a set of immersive experiences for your students It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of many different science topics in a fun and engaging way. A Unique Escape Room Experience:Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on wh$199.00$384.00Save $185.00
The net force escape room is an immersive experience for your students. It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of net force and balanced and unbalanced forces in a fun and engaging way.
6.8 B - identify and describe the changes in position, direction, and speed of an object when acted upon by unbalanced forces
8.6A - demonstrate and calculate how unbalanced forces change the speed or direction of an object's motion
MS PS2-2 - Plan an investigation to provide evidence that the change in an object’s motion depends on the sum of the forces on the object and the mass of the object.
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run in several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- One Lockout Hasp
- Three, 4-digit locks
- Two, 3-digit locks
- One storage box that includes a place for the lockout hasp
Both methods will need the following:
- All printed materials from the puzzles chosen
- Manila envelopes (used for each of the puzzles)
Two Options for Online Use
You can assign the “Single Student Digital Version” PowerPoint through email or your school's learning management system. This file has no answers and students solve by reading and answering questions or manipulating images on the slide.
This version can also be uploaded to Google Drive and opened with Google Slides.
- Open Google Slides.
- Go to the File menu and choose Open
- Find the tab on the right called Upload
- Click Select a File on Your Device
- Select the “Single Student Digital Version Digital Version”
- Click Open
If you do make Google slides, the copyright only allows for use with your own students. Do not share the link publicly.
You can also assign or email the Single Student Print Version as a PPT or PDF for families to print at home. Again, the copyright only allows sharing with your own students, not on public websites or school-wide servers.
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- NEW for 2020: Single Student Digital Version PPT that can be uploaded into Google Slides
- NEW for 2020: Single Student Print Version in PPT and PDF for families to print at home
- NEW for 2020: Editable Teacher Version PPT
- Digital answer sheet (Google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google Classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose.
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks!