Also included in
- This Beginner Drawing Visual Art Curriculum is perfect for any Introduction to Art or Art 1 Class. It is excellent for middle or high school art classes or your homeschool art curriculum. It will save you tons of time and contains everything you need to teach your students the fundamentals of art$130.00$167.00Save $37.00
This Neuro Doodle Art Lesson is inspired by Neurographic Art and is great for teaching mindfulness in the art room. This line drawing design project includes student-centered video demonstrations and slideshows that are ready to use and make it excellent for distance learning, homeschool art, or in the traditional classroom setting. This middle or high school art project can even be done with a substitute teacher.
The slideshows and video demonstrations are linked to the handouts. They have easy-to-scan QR codes which are so convenient for when students are absent or miss a demonstration. They can see the step-by-step drawing tutorials and learn how to complete the project from any device at any time quickly and easily simply by scanning the QR code. You don't have to waste time repeating the instructions when students are out.
Artists just beginning start with very simple lines and use larger shapes. They explore different line weights and learn how to create thick and thin lines to create variety and unity in their work. They are also encouraged to create compositions that have a focal point or center of interest. The process is simple enough for even younger artists to achieve great results and gain confidence in their line drawing skills.
More advanced artists can incorporate expressive imagery such as portraiture, landscape, still-life, etc.into their designs. Adding free-flowing lines or shapes over their drawings helps encourage them to loosen up and challenges them to experiment with adding expressive touches to their work.
Materials Used: (can be modified)
Thick and thin sharpie or felt tip markers
Various sized colored markers
Acrylic paint markers
Masking tape for border if desired
Included in this project is:
- A Google Slideshow with step-by-step instructions explaining how to begin the design
- A video demonstration explaining the process of creating the design
- A second Google Slideshow explaining how to add color and layer mediums to create balance, unity, and interest in the design
- A second video demonstration showing how to add and layer analogous colors to create unity and balance
- Two handouts with QR codes and links to the videos and slideshows
- A printable color wheel
- A rubric for easy grading
All of my lessons can be shared with your students through Google Classroom or any digital platform and are formatted to work for distance learning or in the classroom. They are designed to save you time and help your students access the tutorials, presentations, videos, or worksheets as easily as possible. You can find more ready-to-go, easy-to-follow, timesaving art lessons in my TPT SHOP.
You may also like:
- Digital Portfolio for Student Artwork
- Middle or High School Art Project Bundle
- Beginner Line Drawing Art Project Bundle for Middle or High School
Having difficulty with a file?
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies, and new resources!
• Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources & sales.
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!