Nevada History is State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text to teach students about Nevada's Native Americans, Explorers, the Mexican War, Territorial Days, Statehood, Nevada's Government, and so much more!
Nevada History includes SEVEN COMPLETE lessons. For less than $3.15 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with all of the Content and hands-on engaging activities that students need to learn about Nevada History:
• Questions after each of the 7 lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Language Skills activities that foster Literacy in Social Studies
• Differentiation between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Cardinal and Intermediate Direction Mapping
• Thematic Maps using Colors and Patterns
• Grid Puzzles using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Mystery Puzzles
• Historical Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues~great for ELL students!
• John Bidwell and Biddy Mason Biographies with Follow-Up Questions
• Creative and Expository Writing~pre-writing questions and outlines included!
• Journal Project from a Pioneer Family's point of view traveling to Nevada
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to assemble models of a Pueblo Village and a Covered Wagon~all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
First People in Nevada
Americans in Nevada
The Mexican War
Nevada's Territorial Days
We've included a context-appropriate Nevada Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level activities.
Download the Nevada History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, and sample lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER WEST REGION RESOURCES:
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE~PACIFIC + MOUNTAIN STATES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING NEVADA HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2014-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.