The Never Smile at a Monkey: Adaptations Reading Pack from Beaker & Book is intended to be used with the book Never Smile at a Monkey by Steve Jenkins, but includes activities that can be used separately from the book.
• Never Smile at a Monkey Anticipation Guide
• Never Smile at a Monkey Reading Reflection
• Adaptation Alliteration: A Noun, Verb, and Research Activity
• Words of Warning Research Template
• Five Organism Reading Passages
• 4-Square Report & Note-Taking Guide Extension
This pack include five activities and five reading passages that can be used as an instructional sequence for whole group, small groups, or in science stations.
Each activity scaffolds to support comprehension of science content relating to organism adaptations. While it’s possible to use all the activities in one extended class period, the activities can also be used as mini-lessons though-out several days.
These activities support literacy as well as science content. Instructions and answer keys are provided.
These activities are aligned to TEKS student expectations found in Grades 3-5.