Great way to build DBQ skills by analyzing documents, writing a thesis, guided HIPP analysis, and using a document to support thesis all done in one class period.
Time is always our enemy in APUSH and this activity hits many of the DBQ skills without taking up too much time.
- DBQ Question based on the newest version of Comparison Historical Thinking Skill
- 9 documents covering different viewpoints of the New Deal
- Guided questions that point students to in-depth HIPP analysis
- Practice writing a thesis statement
- Practice on how to use a document in a DBQ
- Practice on how to incorporate HIPP while using a document