Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The New Deal No Prep Lesson: PowerPoint, Reading Passage, Activities, Quiz
This resource pack is a no prep complete lesson (GOOGLE version included!) about FDR's New Deal policies that includes 3-5 days of materials. I will be adding an audio of the passage soon!
Includes FDR's First Hundred Days and Second Hundred Days; Eleanor Roosevelt's influence on FDR, the New Deal, and future First Ladies; the following New Deal programs and policies: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Beer and Wine Revenue Act, Federal Securities Act (FSA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA), Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC), National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA), National Recovery Administration (NRA), Public Works Administration (PWA), Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA), Civil Works Administration (CWA), Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC), Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Soil Conservation and Domestic Allotment Act, Rural Electrification Administration (REA), Farm Security Administration (FSA), Works Progress Administration (WPA), National Youth Administration (NYA), National Labor Relations Act (Wagner Act), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and Social Security Act (SSA); the American Liberty League (ALL); how the New Deal affected women, African Americans, Mexican Americans, and Native Americans; and the lasting impacts of the New Deal.
WANT TO TRY A FREE NO PREP LESSON? DOWNLOAD MY COLD WAR SUPERPOWERS TO CHECK IT OUT!
Looking for something more comprehensive? Check out my COMPLETE CURRICULUM for the Roaring '20s & Great Depression.
This lesson is included in the Roaring '20s & the Great Depression Unit Bundle. Buy the bundle and save 25%!
Perfect for sub plans!
This lesson can teach itself. Students can easily check their own answers with the included answer keys.
Limited on copies or paper? Every component of this lesson is ready-to-go on GOOGLE slides, so you can easily assign to your students! The quiz is also available on GOOGLE Forms, and I include explicit directions on how to assign and tweak (if desired) for your students. The quiz is also self-grading!
• 25 slide PowerPoint presentation that can be used to facilitate discussion or have students take notes (PowerPoint presentation includes carefully curated videos & links that will enrich the lesson)
• slotted notes page so students can focus on recording the important information from the PowerPoint presentation Editable slotted notes included!
• informational reading passage about FDR's New Deal policies and programs (There are TWO versions of the reading passage included. One is the "paper saver" version for when you have to limit your copies. The other is the "note-taking" version that has enough space for annotating and taking notes. This version also includes bolded headers for the different sections!)
• 2 worksheet pages with 4 activities (key terms, dates & events, political cartoon, and a literacy connection) Each activity has two levels: a basic recall and an application of knowledge.
• answer keys for the slotted notes, activity pages, and the quiz
• GOOGLE slides of all components
• GOOGLE Form self-grading quiz
• AUDIO OF READING PASSAGE COMING SOON!
→Short on time?←
Simply give students the reading passage, and they can complete the activities independently. All information needed for the activities is contained in the reading passage! This can also be used for homework.
++++++++++US HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
==========NO PREP UNITS FOR US HISTORY==========
++++++++++WORLD HISTORY CURRICULA++++++++++
=========NO PREP UNITS FOR WORLD HISTORY=========
© Brainy Apples
Heather LeBlanc, LLC