This video will help those of us who graduated before "new math"
came along to understand how to add two-digit numbers
as it is currently being taught to many 21st Century Learners.
This resource is PERFECT for new teachers and parents/guardians of students who are learning these strategies in school.
Over the past couple years it's become clear to me that the biggest issue families have today is understanding the new math strategies we are teaching in class. Many students struggle with the rigor and abstract nature of some of these strategies, and their parents and guardians do not know how to help them. Last year I started created videos for the families of my students and found that they GREATLY improved their understanding and mastery! What and HOW I was teaching was being reinforced at home in a consistent manner! I no longer get phone calls, emails, or conference requests for parents who don't understand the math!
What is Included:
• A link to a direct download of the video file (.mp4) so it can be saved onto your computer to be viewed at any time (with or without internet).
• A PDF file including all of the slides included in the video
• A five page handout with practice problems aligning to the strategy taught
PLEASE NOTE: This video may NOT be uploaded or shared on a class website or anywhere else on the internet. The purchaser may only directly email it to the families of his or her own students (or use a private communication tool such as Bloomz).
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
You might also be interested in...
• Bar Models for Addition Extra Practice
• Make Ten to Add Practice Pages
• Math Benchmark Test for First Grade
• Go Math Chapter 1 Extra Practice (Addition)
• Go Math Chapter 2 Extra Practice (Subtraction)
• Go Math Chapter 3 Extra Practice (Addition Strategies)
• Go Math Chapter 4 Extra Practice (Subtraction Strategies)
• Go Math Chapter 5 Extra Practice (Addition and Subtraction Relationships)
• Go Math Chapter 6 (Count and Model Numbers)
• Go Math Chapter 7 (Compare Numbers)