New Mexico History is a State-Aligned Resource that uses Nonfiction Informational Text, a balanced mix of engaging hands-on activities and THIRTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments to teach students about Native Americans in New Mexico, New Mexico's Spanish Explorers, Spanish Missions, the Mexican War, Statehood, and so much more!
New Mexico History includes SEVEN COMPLETE lessons. For less than $3.30 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with all of the Content and engaging hands-on activities that students need to learn about New Mexico's History:
• Questions after each New Mexico lesson to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Language Skills after each lesson to foster Literacy in Social Studies
• Thought-Provoking Discussion Questions to encourage Critical Thinking
• How-to-Draw and How-to-Draw following directions activities to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Reference Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• Historical Time Lines using Picture Cues – great for ELL Students
• Creative and ExpositoryWriting (We take students through the Writing Process)
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve Mystery Puzzles
• Vocabulary activities and quizzes
Students will then use the New Mexico History Content to complete THIRTEEN Interactive Notebook Assignments: (all patterns and step-by-step directions included!):
• ONE One-Pocket Vocabulary Organizer
• ONE Ancient Peoples Flip Book
• TWO Vocabulary Booklets
• TWO Interactive Time Lines (Spanish Explorers and the Mexican War)
• ONE Vocabulary Foldable
• ONE Four-Fold Organizer (Americans in New Mexico)
• ONE Interactive Santa Fe Trail Journal (Territorial Days)
• TWO Vocabulary Flaps Organizers
• TWO Vocabulary Cootie Catchers with Two-Pocket Organizer
• ONE Find the Fib Game (Popé and the Pueblo Revolt)
New Mexico's Ancient Peoples
New Mexico's Explorers
Americans in New Mexico
The Mexican War
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level New Mexico Writing activities and Interactive Notebook assignments.
Download the New Mexico History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER SOUTHWEST REGION HISTORY RESOURCES:
ARIZONA HISTORY BUNDLE – SIX COMPLETE LESSONS
COLORADO HISTORY BUNDLE – SIX COMPLETE LESSONS
TEXAS HISTORY BUNDLE – SEVEN COMPLETE LESSONS
SOUTHWEST INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE – 4 SOUTHWEST STATES MINI UNITS + AUDIO
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING NEW MEXICO HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2017-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.