**New NYS Global Regents Style Constructed-Response**
This writing task is modeled on the new New York State Global History and Geography Regents examinations to be rolled out in 2019. The task consists of two documents for students to analyze. Students address historical and geographic context, factors affecting reliability of the source, and interpret the sources by compare-contrast, cause-effect, or explaining a turning point.
I started including these in each topic in my classes in 2016-2017, anticipating that students would need a lot of regular and systematic practice doing this kind of task. I was right and I found it takes them some months to get it.
The contents of this ZIP compressed file include:
1. task in PDF format (may also include "plain English" version for difficult texts)
2. a zip file for upload and install at TeachersWebHost.com*
3. grading rubric based on NYSED guidelines
4. a PowerPoint slide show used to teach reliability factors with analysis of simulated student responses
5. a second 17-slide PowerPOint slideshow for teaching reliability factors
6. a key of sample compositions for each level 4, 3, 2, and 1 for assessing and scoring student work products
*TeachersWebHost.com is a subscription site for teachers. It has many apps for test generators and assessments. It's a perfect companion to Google Classroom. TeachersWebHost.com has a sophisticated system for conducting writing assessments and practice that includes powerful statistical analysis tools.