Does your curriculum include a study of the U.S. Constitution and the events leading up to its drafting?
This New Nation Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader BINGO project can be a perfect way to:
* integrate technology
* extend and enrich a Social Studies unit
* help students gain comfort and confidence reading nonfiction
* introduce students to historical fiction
This classroom-tested project includes (all Google docs for you to copy into your own Google Drive):
* student Reading Counts or Accelerated Reader New Nation BINGO board
* suggested titles and Lexile Level information for U.S. Constitution topics and historical fiction
* student directions in checklist form to create the New Nation RC or AR BINGO board in a Google doc or Word
* rubric to score each BINGO board
* sample bulletin board display poster
In our classroom, students were given approximately 3-5 weeks to complete this project, with time built into our daily routine to read independently, take Reading Counts quizzes, and visit our school library.
New Nation RC BINGO projects completed by my students may be viewed on my classroom web site here: