PDF Download --- New World Colonization Project Based Learning Game!
Immerse your students in the Age of Colonization and all of the events that the New World has in store for them! Students form a colony and must fight for their own survival as they compete against the other colonies. Begin with 100 colonists, assign them jobs (each having their own specific addition to the colony), encounter colonial events (both positive and negative) and see how long you can survive! Students choose jobs that their colony needs, respond to adversity within their colony, meet the natives, fight drought, and hold out for resupply! Student favorite game that defines a Project Based Learning opportunity. Job logs, reflection questions, direction sheets, positive and negative events, and supply logs are all included. Teacher direction / prep / instruction sheet included!
Excellent for both introducing a colonization unit and/or wrapping up a colonization unit!
- Students survive in the ultimate colony Project Based Learning game
- Students choose their colonists' jobs
- Live affect of their choices play out directly in front of them
- Experience the legitimate events of a true colonist
- Students log and reflect daily
- Can last one class period or up to several days
- Instructions, handouts, directions, all necessary components included!
- All the teacher needs is one die
- Pragmatic Learning!
- Student Favorite game!
*** Project Based Learning
*** Live choices make impacts on the game
*** Can you survive?
I'd love any feedback you may have!
Feel free to email with any questions: email@example.com