This penguin-themed New Year bump game gets students adding and subtracting to make the numbers 2, 0, 1 and 4.
Ideal as a fun first day of the year math center.
Good mental math practice.
Summary of how to play (full instructions included in download)
- Students take turns to roll two dice and then add or subtract the two numbers to try get an answer of 2, 0, 1 or 4.
- They cover the relevant star. Bump rules apply where players can knock each other's chips off.
- After students have enjoyed the game, there is a record sheet for them to write down some on the numbers sentences they made.
- p.1. cover page
- p.2. instructions & credits
- p.3. color game board
- p.4. record sheet (black & white)
- p.5. answer key
All profits from this product go directly to funding the LifeMatters Numeracy Programme.
Please consider commenting or following me. Lots of new products coming soon.
Happy New Year!