This fun New Year math activity gets students finding the bonds of 20 and 14 in a number grid.
It is themed as a penguin party and is designed to be printed in black and white (to save color ink and to be able to make one per student).
Ideal as a fun first day of the year math activity.
This activity can be done individually or children can help each other or compete against each other. It could also be used as a math center or for early finishers.
- p.1. cover page
- p.2. instructions & credits
- p.3. printable worksheet
- p.4. answer key with all possible combinations
How to play (instructions included in download):
- Children must look at the number grid and find bonds of 20 and 14.
- There are all bonds of two numbers and must be touching either horizontally or vertically. Numbers can be circled in pairs when found.
- The children can write down some of the combinations they find into the addition number sentences.
All profits from this product go directly to funding the LifeMatters Numeracy Programme.
Please consider commenting or following me. Lots of new products coming soon.
Happy New Year!