New Year Resolutions Unit
This 34 page unit can be used to help children understand "resolutions" and to write about New Year's Day. The activities include:
* Definition card for "Resolutions"
* Happy New Year Framed Picture
* Pages for writing resolutions--differentiated for three levels
* Squirrel's New Year's Resolution by Pat Miller and Kathi Ember
is an excellent read-aloud and perfect for introducing children to
the concept of resolutions. In the book, Squirrel doesn't know
what a resolution is or how to make one. She visits the
librarian, Bear, who tells her that "a resolution is a promise you
make to yourself to be better or to help others." Unit includes
graphics to go with story and a matching game.
* Scrambled Sentences--6 pages of sentence cards that can be
laminated and cut apart for students to assemble in the correct
order to build a sentence that makes sense. All six sentences
are statements that could be used as New Year Resolutions. A
record sheet is also included if you use the sentences as a
* Build words using the letters in "Resolutions"
* Word Search using New Year words
* Writing/Drawing sheets addressing New Year topics. (9 pages)--
Father Time, How to stay awake on New Year's Eve, Family
traditions for New Year's Eve, Designing a New Year's Day
Float, Designing a football helmet for a bowl game.