It seems every year there are hallways filled with New Year’s Resolutions but many children don’t really understand what that means. I finally found the perfect book to introduce the reason for resolutions and help them see that it can be a promise to do something to better yourself or help others; it is not just giving up something.
**Parts of this resource have direct ties to the story "Squirrel's New Year's Resolution" by Pat Miller, but the book is not required for use of the majority of activities.
There are many language arts skills that tie to the story that you will find printables for in this resource. MOST do not require having read the book to complete.
- vocabulary word cards for the book
- woodland animal write the room w/recording sheet
- comprehension pages for both the book and New Year's
- sequencing for the book
- alphabetical order
- present and past tense verbs
- adjectives to describe animals
- making words
- Cinquain directions and template
- partner game
- information about foods people eat on New Year's Day
- resolution writing
- special writing paper
Line art options and keys are included for most pages.
I hope you will find this helpful for use in your classroom. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
New Year's Resolutions | New Year's Resolutions 2018 | New Year | New Year's Resolutions Printables
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.