Also included in
- Happy New Year 2019!This money-saving bundle includes THREE print-and-go resources to jump-start the new year in your classroom. Each packet is sold separately, but buy the bundle and save 20%!1. Ringing in the New Year Teacher directions, sample products, and answer keys are provided. Activities in$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
***NOTE: this resource has been updated for 2021***
Engage your students with this fun print-and-go craft and bulletin board display that asks the students to brainstorm WHO they want to be in the upcoming year. Encourage a growth-mindset as they think about positive character traits they hope to exhibit in 2021.
So many times my students are asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And more than any other class, these students just don't know. I find that the question really stresses them out. So, I decided to take a different approach. I created an activity that focused in on WHO the students want to be, not only what.
- Give each student a body template (I’ve included multiple templates for you to choose from)
- Show the students the list of positive character traits (or brainstorm a list as a class)
- Have each student fill out their “body” with different positive character traits that they want to exhibit in the coming year
- Instruct each student to draw/color the face and cut out the entire body to turn in.
- Display the students on a bulletin board with the title “WHO do you want to be in 2021?”
- Teacher instructions
- Multiple body templates to choose from (2 to a page for paper-saving printing)
- Suggested list of positive character traits
Resource created by Jessica Lawler
Looking for other New Years resources?