Celebrate New Year's 2022 and refocus after break by writing New Year’s resolutions! Students set new goals while learning the history of New Year’s celebrations and traditions, and the how and why of making resolutions. This high-engagement resource includes a teaching PowerPoint and Google Slides presentation, plus a 5-day lesson plan. You’ll be ready to go your first week back with New Year's activities, videos, New Year’s reading passages with comprehension questions, a resolution writing craft and a New Year’s quiz in both a paper and Google Forms format.
After the mini lessons and videos, students are guided through writing their own resolutions and make a New Year’s party horn craft to write them inside. The resolution writing craft makes a perfect January bulletin board and the download even includes no prep title lettering.
· Teaching PowerPoint & Google Slides presentation with real historical photos.
· 5-day lesson plan with video links
· Google Resources link menu to copy digital activities to your own Google Drive
· 3 Leveled reading passages with comprehension questions (640L, 730L, 960L) in both print and digital versions
· Graphic organizers for defining a resolution and planning the resolution writing in both print & digital
· Lesson Quiz in printable format + Google Forms format
· Party Horn writing craft templates with labels for 2022-2026
· Bulletin board display with title lettering and example photo
Please download the preview to see details and everything included.
Around the Kampfire
Check out these units for upcoming celebrations!