PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
As the saying goes, “Out with the old, and in with the new.” This product is designed to help students realize that it is a new year. It is usually a hard concept for adults to remember writing the correct date so one can only imagine the difficulty that a student with autism may have remembering that the year has changed.
This product has a variety of exercises to help the students reflect and talk about what they want their New Year to be about. It also reflects on the past year and what they liked about it. The smarty symbols can be cut out and used as a great way to stimulate conversation and build vocabulary. There are two social stories with positive choices and calming strategies included.
Included in this product are:
* New Year intention product
* New Year Bingo
•Social Story on New Years Eve with positive choices and different emotions they can use to personalize their story
* New Years Social story with personal choices and calming strategies
* These are some of the things I am excited about worksheet
* These were some of my favorite things about last year
* When I look in the mirror I want to see….
* Smarty symbols for the students to cut and paste their answer
* Traceable 2019 numbers to help students write the correct year
* Cut and paste 2019 to help the student arrange the correct year
* Coloring sheet of January 2019
* Posters for a successful start to the new year
This product is perfect for:
* Special education teachers
* Students with autism
* Speech and Language Pathologist
* Guidance Counselors
* Elementary teachers
Laminate the smarty symbols, bingo cards and pieces and other worksheets and use them over and over again.
This product is fun, educational, and self reflective for our students with autism