Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
36.63 MB | 115 pages
New Years Around the World: New Year's Traditions (Literacy and Social Studies Unit)
This New Year's thematic unit teaches how 8 different countries in the world celebrate this holiday. It includes more than 100 pages, such as:
* 8 different countries (Australia, Cambodia, China, Ethiopia, Germany, Greece, Japan, Swaziland)
* projectable teacher powerpoint slideshow of book
* student book (full page and half page in both color and blackline)
* 12 vocabulary words with vocabulary worksheets
* printables, including a flap book foldable, graphic organizers, and a differentiated writing prompt
* student postcard book (writing)
* countries/capitals flash cards
* mapping worksheet
* countries "fast facts" posters
I designed this unit to be used with my 3rd graders, but it could easily be used in both 2nd and 4th grade, as well as with older students with special needs.
Book/Posters Color Version
This version is great to print and laminate. I have used it to incorporate into a large interactive bulletin board. I have also used it to display on my Whiteboard to read as a class.
Book/Posters Blackline Version
This version is great to print in a book format for students. Students can underline key words in the text as well as color the pages.
Language Art Resources
+ Vocabulary Cards (can be used as flash cards, match, or concentration)
+Vocabulary Worksheets (ABC Order, definitionmatch, word maps, Draw It!)
+KWL+ (color and blackline)
+Key Words Notes
+Venn Diagram (color and blackline)
+Writing Prompt (primary and intermediate lined, differentiated support
+Post Cards (color and blackline)
Social Studies Resources
+Country and Capital Cities match cards
+Word Sort (Countries with continents and/or hemispheres)
+World Map Labeling (color and blackline)
+Country Flag Posters