This is a fun package to explore how different countries celebrate New Year's Eve. The Journey starts in the first country to see the New Year - Samoa. We will follow the sun to see a variety of countries celebrate the New Year.
There is a passport where students can collect a stamp from each country. I give the students a stamp when they read the card for each country or when they can share a fact that they have learned. There are both a color and black and white version of the stamps included.
The package includes:
• World maps to plot the journey.
• Tickets to join the trip - (students can earn their ticket).
• Passport and collector stamps colour and BW
• New Year’s Eve slide show.
• New Years tradition information.
• New Year’s Eve information cards for the 15 countries.
• New Year’s Greetings from the 15 countries.
• Student booklet with – Match the celebration quiz, Alphabetical order, compare two countries, favourite celebration, funniest celebration, start your own tradition and design a decoration.
• My New Year’s goal. – Boy and girl, lined and unlined.
• New Year’s Glyph - boy and girl.
If you like the theme of around the world, please check out my Christmas and Easter Hunt around the world.
Link-Chirstmas around the world Click Here
Link-Easter Hunt Around the world Click Here
Thank you for considering this unit and don't forget to follow me to see what I create next.