Ring in the new year with some fun math and literacy activities! These engaging activities are sure have your kiddos back to school after their winter break! The activities in this package were created with third grade in mind, but will also work for 2nd and 4th grade. This product includes 4 math centers/activities and 5 literacy centers/activities.
Math Activities Include:
1. Hats Off to Order of Operations: solve expressions using the order of operations.
2. Time to Celebrate!: read analog clocks and calculate elapsed time (addition and subtraction).
3. Place Value Party!: read and round numbers through the thousands place.
4. New Year’s Eve Graphs and Data: use a frequency table to graph (bar and line plot) and analyze data.
Literacy Activities Include:
1. New Year’s Narrative: plan and write a New Year’s story.
2. I Am Poem: plan, write, design and decorate an “I Am” poem and blank person template.
3. Cooking Up a Successful Year: plan, write, and design a recipe for success.
4. New Year’s Vocabulary Dictionary: use vocabulary cards to alphabetize, define, illustrate, identify parts of speech, and write sentences.
5. Idioms for the New Year: illustrate 6 idioms for new beginnings in a mini-book.
Thanks for viewing!