New Year's Eve and New Year's Day explained with a non fiction story, in a simple and comprehensive way for children in pre-k , kindergarten and first grade. This packet includes activities, worksheets and crafts to help the little ones understand the concept of the year changing.
Activities and Crafts:
- A wish for the New Year craftivity.
- "What is a Year made of?" craftivity.
- A New Year's Eve party hat craft.
- "Countdown to the New Year!", cut and paste math craftivity.
Worksheets and Printables:
- My New Year's Resolutions - Write and Draw!
- "At what time does the New Year begin?" worksheet.
- Trace the New Year's words.
- New Year's Math - Draw as many things as the number says, then color.
You can use the story in the reading/literacy center, as an emergent reader, for group reading or read aloud. It is also appropriate for a sequence activity.
Hope you enjoy this in class or at home!
You can find me on Facebook The Constant Kindergartener
..And this is my blog The Constant Kindergartener
For questions or suggestions go to "Product Q+A" tab next to "Comments&Ratings"!
Happy New Year!