Need something to fill in time when you first get back to school after your winter break ends? How about some vocabulary word builders? Included in this file are nine vocabulary activities that tie into 25 New Years themed vocabulary words. The activities include:
1) Word Challenge. Create as many 3 or more letter words as possible in a set amount of time from the phrase “Happy New Year”!
2) New Year’s Vocabulary Blitz – a dictionary activity page. Have students look the words up in the dictionary and match them to the correct definition.
3) Find a Word Puzzle. – The words are listed across, up, down, and diagonally.
4) Crossword puzzle – Using the definitions, place the words in the correct spot on the crossword puzzle.
5) New Year’s Celebration – A writing activity in which your students use as many vocabulary words as possible while writing a narrative telling about their New Year’s celebration.
6) ABC order page. Put the vocabulary words in alphabetical order.
7) Spell It! Choose the correct spelling for each of the vocabulary words in the boxes.
8) I Have… Who Has… set of 25 cards to play I Have…Who Has with the New Year’s Vocabulary Cards.
9) Word Wall cards that can be used for a center, for spelling practice, or as vocabulary flash cards.