New York City: Manhattan Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities and Templates
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Technology Integration
• Manhattan Vocabulary Card Pocket with 42 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Vocabulary Fold
• Vocabulary Word Search
• Compare and Contrast Venn
• Compare and contrast Manhattan and any other NYC Borough of your choice.
• Compare & Contrast Manhattan and your neighborhood
• Compare & Contrast New Amsterdam and Modern Manhattan
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What were the causes and effects of the building of the Erie Canal?
• Robert Moses’ Influences in New York City Fact Pocket with no-prep, pre-made cards
• Manhattan 4 Sides of an Innovation Fact Fold
• Manhattan Informational Diamond
• Manhattan 'All About...' Book-Style Flapbook
• Manhattan Fact Pocket with 18 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of influential figures.
• Famous Manhattanite Figure Diamond Fold
• Famous Manhattan Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• Famous Manhattan Places pocket with pre-made cards
• All About… Trapezoid Foldable: The Lenape Indians
• What would Robert Moses think...? What would Jane Jacobs think?
• Peter Stuyvesant picture with a speech bubble: What would Peter Stuyvesant say if he could see Manhattan today?
• Create your own travel brochure, designed to persuade tourists to visit Manhattan during the 1800s.
• Historical Fiction: Journal Entry
• Madison Square Garden Art Fold
• Manhattan Billboard Advertisement
• Create your own Times Square billboard advertisement
• Manhattan: Then–and Now
• NYC Taxi Cab: Tourist Attraction Drive
• Science & Technology Connection: the Ed koch 59th Street Bridge
• Engineering & Technology Connection: Design a Skyscraper
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
...and much more!
Common Core Aligned, 79 pages.
Save $$$ - You May Also Be Interested in Our Complete NYC 5 Boroughs Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Templates Super Pack - AND $AVE when you purchase the SUPER PACK BUNDLE!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016