New York City: Queens Interactive Notebook & Lapbook Activities with our Annotation Assistant and Test Prep
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Uncommon Learning:Customized Activities Option Ideas
• Technology Integration Links Provided
• Staten Island Vocabulary Card Pocket with 12 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Barn-Door Style Vocabulary Fold Cards
• Compare and Contrast Venn Queens and Manhattan
• Compare and Contrast Bracket Queens and any other NYC Borough of your choice.
• Compare and Contrast Venn The 1939 World's Fair Perisphere and the 1964 World's Fair Unisphere
• Cause and Effect Trifold: New York Mets / New York Yankees
• Cause and Effect Flaps: U.S. Open Tennis - Forest Hills Stadium to Arthur she Stadium in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
• Cause and Effect Trifold: What are the causes and effects of The 1964 World’s Fair?
• Queens Famous Places Fact Fold
• Queens Informational Diamond (Student Choice)
• Queens 'All About..."
• Queens Fact Pocket with 20 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of popular Queens places.
• Famous Queens Figure Diamond Fold
• Famous Queens Important Figures pocket with 20 no-prep, pre-made cards
• Important Figure / Symbols Informational Trifold: Fiorello LaGuardia focus
• Enrichment Option: The Seal of the Borough of Queens, NY (create your own updated seal).
• Differentiated Flushing Meadows Corona Park Unisphere Options (Trapezoid Fold 'A' Group, Circle Flip 'B' Group, Circle Flip 'C' Group)
• The Flavor of Queens Cube Fold
• Thought Bubble: What would a member of the Lenape Indians say if he could see Queens today?
• Art Connection: Design a Queens-themed New York State License Plate.
• Create A Cartoon Activity
• "QUEENS" Acrostic Poem Activity
• Historical Fiction Journal Entry: Create a journal entry from the point of view of a famous person from Queens.
• Science Connection: Trees of Queens
• Queens: Then and Now Flower Fold
• 3-2-1 Queens Student Self-Assessment
Common Core Aligned, 89 pages.
Robert Moses Informational Text Test Prep Passage with Informational Text Test Prep Annotation Assistant and Graphic Organizers
Our Annotation Assistant contains teacher notes, graphic organizers, and student bookmarks to help students annotate and take notes. Bundle also includes our FREE student test-prep checklist for student reference!
Perfect for Close Reading strategies, individual test prep practice, small group work, tutoring, vacation packet practice, and more! (16 pages)
Save $$$ - You May Also Be Interested in Our Complete NYC 5 Boroughs Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Templates Super Pack - AND $AVE when you purchase the SUPER PACK BUNDLE!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016