New York City: Staten Island Interactive Notebook & Lapbook Activities with our Annotation Assistant and Test Prep!
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Technology Integration Links
• Staten Island Vocabulary Card Pocket with 12 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Compare and Contrast Venn
• Compare and contrast Staten Island and any other NYC Borough of your choice.
• Compare & Contrast Staten Island and your neighborhood
• Compare & Contrast Historic Richmond Town and modern Staten Island
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Verrazano Bridge and The Brooklyn Bridge .
• Staten Island Famous Places Fact Fold
• Staten Island Informational Diamond (Student Choice)
• Staten Island 'All About...The Verrazano Bridge' Book-Style Flapbook
• Staten Island Fact Pocket with 16 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of influential figures.
• Famous Staten Island Figure Diamond Fold
• Famous Staten Island Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• Famous Staten Island Places pocket with pre-made cards
• Create Your Own Staten Island Political Cartoon
• All About… Trapezoid Foldable: Giovanni da Verrazzano
• What would a person who lived in Historic Richmond Town say if he could see Staten Island today?
• Create your own travel brochure, designed to persuade tourists to visit Staten Island.
• Staten Island Pizza Pie: Did You Know?
• Historical Fiction: Journal Entry
• Staten Island Ferry
• Alice Austen Photography Activity
• New York City Marathon Training: Where would you train in Staten Island?
• New York City Marathons: Fact Sneaker
• Staten Island Billboard Advertisement
• Staten Island: Then–and Now (Historic Richmond Town)
• NYC Taxi Cab: Tourist Attraction Drive
• Science & Technology Connection: Verrazano Narrows Bridge
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
Common Core Aligned, 55 pages.
Informational Text Test Prep Annotation Assistant with Graphic Organizers
Our Annotation Assistant contains teacher notes, graphic organizers, and student bookmarks to help students annotate and take notes. Bundle also includes 1 test prep passage and our student test-prep checklist for student reference!
Perfect for Close Reading strategies, individual test prep practice, small group work, tutoring, vacation packet practice, and more! (16 pages)
Save $$$ - You May Also Be Interested in Our Complete NYC 5 Boroughs Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Templates Super Pack - AND $AVE when you purchase the SUPER PACK BUNDLE!
Save even more $$$ - with our Complete NYC 5 Boroughs Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Templates Super Pack WITH Lesson Plans! - AND $AVE when you purchase the SUPER MEGA UNIT!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016