New York state flip books are an interactive and meaningful therapy activity to teach your students all about New York while addressing speech and language goals! There are 5 flipbooks included in this resource. The flipbooks include basic information about New York symbols, a map where your students will highlight New York cities containing their target sound, famous person from New York bio, New York history/fun facts, and a maze with New York-related speech words!
These flipbooks are primarily intended for speech/language children ages 8-12. This resource contains a flip book for each of the following phonemes: /s, r, l/. There is also a language flipbook.
In each speech flipbook:
- Title page
- State Symbols – finding target sound
- Famous New Yorker with the targeted speech sound
- Places in New York – geography & finding targets sound
- Fun Facts – finding target sound
- New York History – oral reading activity
- Maze containing New York speech words
In the language flipbook
- Title page
- State Symbols – category exercise
- Famous New Yorker Bio
- Places in New York – verbal persuasion task
- Fun New York Facts
- New York Questions – reading comprehension task
- New York Vocabulary Maze – verbal description task
New York “S” Flipbook: Pages 4-10
New York “R” Flipbook: Pages 11-17
New York “L” Flipbook: Pages 18-24
New York Language Flipbook: Pages 25-31
New York Open-Ended Flipbook: 32-38
*Bonus: Page 39 has a full map of the US with New York highlighted to help your students understand the geography.