This product contains
1. Map (Colorful map showing major cities and lakes; the cities are labeled)
2. General information about the product and specific information about the important people included
3. Search and Find puzzle with Word Bank
4. Search and Find puzzle with no word bank; a map showing the location of the state within the United States replaces the Word Bank
5. Word Find puzzle with Word Bank (An enlarged version of the puzzle with no questions; the Word Bank is included)
6. Answer key showing the location of the answers in the puzzle as well as listing the answers to the questions
7. List, Group, Label activity including the word list
8. Coloring sheet containing state name, outline, flag, bird, flower, animal, and a tourist destination
9. Credits page
This Search and Find contains words relating to the state of New York. Students will sort them into different categories including cities, symbols, industries, people, neighboring states, waterways, and nickname.
A “Search and Find” activity is a more educational version of a word find. Although my students enjoyed word finds, I always thought they lacked any real value. I created my Search and Find activities to allow my students an occasional opportunity to complete a word find, but they must also sort the words into correct categories showing some understanding and knowledge of the words.
State Search and Finds can be used to introduce new information about the state. Students could do research beforehand or during the activity to find the answers. Students should have some knowledge of the people whose names are on the puzzle. The famous people for the state include Millard Fillmore (13th president of the United States ), Theodore Roosevelt (26th president of the United States, Martin Van Buren (8th president of the United States), and Red Jacket (Seneca chief).
My Search and Find activities come in two versions to allow for differentiation. The simpler version contains a word bank. The word bank helps the students in both finding the words and in sorting them into their correct categories. The more difficult version has no word find. Students are expected to make greater use of their knowledge of the topic and its categories to complete the page.
A simple word find version, an answer key, a state map for display, a List, Group, Label activity, and a coloring sheet with the state outline, flag, and many symbols are also included for a total of 8 pages.
Other New York products
Explore New York Scavenger Hunts
New York Bingo Jr.
New York Search and Find
New York Crossword Puzzle
Or buy them all and save!
Explore New York Activity Bundle