Also included in
- All of my New Zealand and Maori resources plus all future additions for one deeply discounted price! Including resources for geography, celebrations, New Zealand Money and Māori language. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at email@example.com To see all these items: CLI$299.99$406.63Save $106.64
Boost financial literacy in your class! A range of activities to suit all learning styles in NZ maths classrooms. Featuring a range of hands on activities for your learners!
Aimed at NZ curriculum Levels 1-3, years 1-6
The activities feature copies of the old and new NZ notes
these sheets are also available as individual files see all the individual files here
LEVEL 1 ACTIVITIES
-Roll and cover game
-Skip counting to $1 in 10s and 100 chart
-How many ten cents equal …..
-Which is worth more?
-What coin would you use to ……
-Combinations of money Helps student find multiple ways of making an amount. One page on $1, One page on $2, One page on $5, One page of ‘odd balls’
-Put the coins in the kete
LEVEL 2 ACTIVITIES
-NZ money fraction bars
- How much is my name worth/How much is the place name worth? 7 pages
-Circle the money to make the amount 2 pages
-Money change word problems 3 pages
-Fill in the gaps
-Worksheets on combinations of money (place value) 2 pages
- Round to the nearest dollar task cards 12 pages
- Estimation and adding- card sort 6 page
-Make themoney in 2 different way jars
-20 task cards where students count the money.
-Banking terminology and worksheet 2 pages.
-Worksheets on reading a bank statement including word problems to do with budgeting/financial literacy. 4 pages
-Place value 'how many $10 notes would it take to buy this item' - match up activity 6 pages
- Place value + addition 20 task cards 'Mike has 30 ten dollar notes and five fifty cent coins how much does he have?' 8 pages
- 'Shopping list' students use a price list to answer various questions. Questions are written on task cards with answers included. 16 pages.
Grab a bargain - these sheets are also available as individual files, get them as this bundle and save. see all the individual files here