These Whakatauki puzzles involve students converting Maori proverbs from English to Te Reo using a cryptogram.
This resource is perfect for a Waitangi Day activity, Maori Language Week, or for your day to day Te Reo teaching in a Bi-Lingual, Full Immersion or normal primary class.
Included in this pack are the following Whakatauki-Maori Proverbs:
- Pursue excellence – should you stumble, let it be to a lofty mountain.
- My language is my awakening, my language is the window to my soul.
- Goodwill towards others is a precious treasure.
- With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.
- What is the most important thing in the world? It is people! It is people! It is people!
- What is the food of the leader. It is knowledge. It is communication.
If you are interested in this product I have additional resources related to this topic that can be bought individually or in a bundle.
Waitangi Day Summary and Reading Activity
Waitangi Day Whakatauki Maori Proverb Puzzles
Waitangi Day Wharenui Meeting House for Class Treaty
or as a bundle:
Waitangi Day Bundle 3 Activities Reading, Math Puzzles and Writing Class Treaty
Enjoy and please remember to follow me by clicking the following link to easily find my latest resources and receive discounts.
Click to follow me
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower.
Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺