Subscribe to El mundo en tus manos and receive bi-weekly news summaries just like this! Order your 2021-2022 subscription now!
EL MUNDO EN TUS MANOS is a bi-weekly news publication that provides comprehensible news summaries from Spanish speaking countries to students. It is a collaboration between The Comprehensible Classroom, Maris Hawkins and Nelly Andrade-Hughes. The target reader for this publication is a student in their first to third year of Spanish.
NOVEMBER 26, 2021 ARTICLES:
- Se subasta uno de los autorretratos de Frida Kahlo
- La RAE incorpora el pronombre «vos»
- Premios Grammy Latinos 2021
- La Chilindrina entra en el Libro de Récords Guinness
- Se celebró la 8.a Olimpiada Latinoamericana de Astronomía y Astronáutica
Each issue includes the following resources:
- 5 news stories from the Spanish speaking world, written in Spanish and provided in 3 versions (see below)
- Suggested authentic resources for further exploration
- Activities/suggested activities for each news story #DistanceLearningTpT friendly
- a print-ready, formatted, EDITABLE Slides version of each version of the articles
- a projectable, editable version of each article Ready to use with PearDeck™ for Distance Learning
Each article will be provided in three versions:
- a Novice digest/summary version designed for students in their first semester of studying Spanish
- an Intermediate Low version with glossed vocabulary
- an Intermediate Mid version with no glossed vocabulary
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Toward Proficiency publishes French news stories in LE PETIT JOURNAL FRANCOPHONE.
We also encourage readers to check out the publication Las voces diversas de la diáspora, which features content amplifying the voices of Black/Afro-Latine people. It is written by Teacher Authors Kia London and A.C. Quintero!
Choose news articles from past subscriptions by topic or country to enrich any unit of study! Subscriptions include articles that touch on all AP themes and highlight various aspects of life in Spanish speaking countries.