Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.4 MB | 10 pages
This file includes 8 center activities that revolve around the daily newspaper. While the centers are extremely easy to organize, the content is very relevant to the students.
The activities include:
1. Vowel Cut/Paste~Find and cut/paste vowels and consonants into the correct category
2. Noun Organizer~Find nouns in the newspaper and classify them into people, places, or things
3. Word Wall Activity~Students see if they can find Word Wall Words in the newspaper
4. Greater than, less than 100~Find and categorize numbers as either greater than, or less than 100
5. Sports Section~Find, cut, and paste scores of games, then circle the higher score.
6. Sales Ad~order prices from least to greatest
7. Living/Non-living~a science tie-in
8. Classifying 1, 2, and 3 Digit Numbers~Students categorize 1, 2, and 3 digit numbers. Great way to reinforce the terms "number" and "digit."
I am also including 2 blank worksheets that can be used as templates for any concept you wish to review using the newspaper.
I am a second grade teacher and I use these as centers mostly during the first semester of school.