Newspaper response for LOTE students
• 21 pages of activities with sample news articles in French
• Please note: news articles are sourced from the Internet as an example text. Students can use colour coded version or blank and white version to colour code themselves.
• Read and translate
• Read and colour code (red=fem, blue=masc. and green=verb)
• Response questions (who what where when and how)
• Make a themed word search
• Make a timeline of events (years 1900-2000 and blank versions)
• Make a looks like, sounds like ands feels like response chart
• Make 2 columns i.e. point of view of local residents vs. migrants
• Make 3 columns (when more groups are needed)
Extensions activities ask students to:
• write from short notes into full sentences
• create a word find that also uses backwards and diagonal directions
• write out timeline events from short notes into full sentences
• compare 3 or more perspectives for each group's point of view in the news article
Articles on topics such as:
• Kate Middleton
• Katy Perry
• le long week-end
Suggestions for use:
• student copy for reference/ teacher use as display or demonstration
• print, laminate or print on magnetic paper for whiteboard use
• A4 or A3 – check printer settings before printing
Created by Italienfrancese
You Might Also Like…
Please click here to see English resources available.
Please click here to see French resources available.
Get connected for great info and freebies
*Follow me for news of new products and upcoming sales.
*Follow me on Pinterest
*Follow me on Facebook
*Follow my blog @ Italienfrancese Teacher Blogger
Copyright © Italienfrancese. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
And a very big THANKYOU to my buyers,